Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where are the bees?!


My niece Katherine, yes the owner of the Easy Bake Oven, made it to the Regional of their Spelling Bee. So I made he a yellow cake with daisies and bumble bees covered with Swiss Meringue Butter Cream. She loved it! Taking a closer look at the bees, they look like they could do with some good sleep or tomato juice with bitters, in other words: sleep depraved or drunk!

On the day of the regional, I made her six cupcakes with butter cream and fondant flowers, but not bees. Of course the question was asked,
"Auntie Jeannie, where are the bees?!?" Oops! they flew away I wanted to say...pity my dear niece did not know I had to download the "Bee Movie" desktop background to get a very good look at what a bee should look like. Plus Auntie Jeannie's fingers were hurting. Anyway, I later hear how "delicious" the cupcakes were.

I'm so proud of her even though she got knocked out in the fourth round. Her prissy attitude was, "I did my best, but there is next year..." Oooohhhh! Maybe she could help me with my spelling.

Walk good...

Jeannie

0 comments: