Monday, December 15, 2008

The Turntable

How many of you remember what a turntable looks like? Or even know what is call an LP or a 45? DSCF0651When April emailed me a picture of a turntable cake and asked if I could make one as a surprise for her husband’s birthday, I was up to the challenge. As usual, she wanted the now famous, Almond Cream Cheese Pound cake to make this special surprise.

Well, the cake was made and the birthday party was on. Last week I got a call from one of the family member who was at the birthday party telling me how lovely the cake was, only wish she could taste it. I ask why she could not taste it? She said Aubrey did not let anyone cut his cake. He took it home to have it shellac!

I am reminded of the Saturn TV ad regarding the new look of the Saturn. The two Saturn employees told the very surprised and baffled, prospective customer when he was not sure if he was really in a Saturn dealership, that ‘they get that all the time’. Yes, I hear it all the time too, especially when I do sculptured cakes: ”Jeannie the cake was so pretty, no one wants to cut the cake!”

Happy caking and walk good ‘till next time.

Jeannie

0 comments: