Monday, December 1, 2008

Chocolate Shells...


I had the most fun doing this cake! The cake was a chocolate and vanilla marble cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream filling and frosting, then covered with white chocolate fondant. The bottom cake is a dummy...the "swirls" suppose to be waves...got my drift? (smile). I got two of my friends, Lizca, and Christine, involved to see how they would like working with fondant. They made those swimsuits and palm trees. The shells I made with white chocolate and dusted with Super Pearl edible dust; for the sand I used white and brown sugar. The design I got from one of my ICES magazine, but used some of my own creative license.

I made extra 5-inch cakes which I shared with Lizca and Christine. Of course, one for the hubby, Henry (smile) plus one for me...if I must say so myself, the cake was delicious! It's a receipe I found on Martha Stewart's website, and it's a no-fail marble cake receipe. Check it out (when I can find the link...Oh boy!!!).

Walk good...Jeannie

0 comments: