Monday, October 29, 2007

Swapping Canvas for Fondant



It is all coming together. I am seeing an open door now. Don't know what I am talking about? Well, earlier this month I was wondering where do I fit in the whole scheme of things? Am I using my true God given talents? Dong!! I think I have found it...my little space some where...

On Friday/Saturday I baked a cake and decorated it in the shape of a Coach handbag for a friend's birthday party. I made so many mistakes, but I learned so much! However, while I was applying or painting the colors on the lipstick which I made from fondant (see photograph) a happy feeling came over me. It has been years since I have felt this way.

I remember feeling like this when I was a pre-teen (11-13 years old)...I was painting and was just lost in what I was doing. At that time of my life I was the young Leonardo Di Vince. Anything I saw, I painted. My dad gave me twelve different size canvas, oil paint and very good sable brushes for my birthday. I always had an artist sketch pad, so I was drawing and painting...I loved it as well as trying new recipes (those I could afford) in my mom's kitchen. So while I was painting the details on the lipstick, it was like a dong in my head and heart that this is what I love to do.

Think about this, because I have been and it seems very crazy plus I have asked myself this question: "Is it too late for a forty-something-year-old like myself to start a business of cake decorating?" Looking back at how I started in business of baking cookies, it was cakes I first started baking to sell but not cookies. Maybe this is a sign (smile).

My conclusion is, "with God all things are possible" and I want to see Him do the impossible with me.

Walk good - Jeanette (This is the final photograph of handbag)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I just became a member of this forum here and I would like to be a part of it. Just like the environment here. Good work by the mods and each member here.

I like the quality of posts provided by memebers and hope I can do that for you all too. Just to start off, I came across a great website named
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com]home based business reviews[/url] that reviews various cool make money home business opportunities. Anyway website owner make's more than 500$+/day. He discovered some very cool home based business ideas.

Because I found that these home business Opportunities worked for me I decided to post it here so you also can earn some extra money in your free time. Owner of this site also found very simple way earn some extra money just taking [url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Surveys-For-Money.html]surveys for money[/url]. Anyway if you need to earn some extra money feel free to check out this website. Hope you guys enjoy it.

OK, look forward to great conversation and hanging out here often.
www.home-businessreviews.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Unknown said...

Thank you for reading and your support.

Jeannie