Saturday, May 29, 2010

Garth & Tiffany's Wedding Cake

I got carried away making orchids and hibiscus flowers! I was experiencing one of those 'spiritaul moments' beacuse I felt Him working through me to create another sugar-art masterpiece (see picture posted above).

This cake I made for our nephew's sister-in-laws. The wedding was on the beach and the reception held at the Wyndham Seahorse Resort, Pompano Beach, Florida.

The cake was a yellow cake filled and covered with American buttercream which I airburshed with Super Pearl Sheen. The shells were made using white chocolate and white candy melts then dusted with Super Pearl. The orchids, hibisus and filler flowers made using gumpaste. I was really happy how this cake turned out. I did not wait through the whole wedding, but before I got home, I received a text of "Thank you..." and how well it was received.

If the bride and groom are happy, then I'm happy.

Walk good till next time...

Jeannie

0 comments: