Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Cake


I was busy all weekend baking and decorating cakes for my Mom, and a few of the women I wanted to honor as great mothers. The cake I made was a chocolate fudge cake with chocolate butter cream filling and covered with fondant, in the shape of a box of chocolate. I filled the "box" (round and heart shaped) with different types of chocolate. They came out pretty good. My Mom did not want to cut hers' (I believe as I write it's on a bus with her to Marathon Key). I'll post a picture of it later in this blog.

Well, I read an unknown author's quote today and thought of how much I "act like" my Mom...the quote goes like this:

"Children are natural mimics-they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners."

We love to share silly jokes, so the week she was in Las Vegas I missed her so much, because she was too busy having fun for me to reach her to share anything. That week, I did not listen to a particular radio program just because I knew my Mom was not sitting at work waiting for me to give her a call or her calling me. It's her passion for baking and cooking I got. She was always trying something new like me, but with her fruit cakes, the recipe almost never changed - she bakes the best fruit cake on this side of the galaxy.

I love her so much and Mommy, Happy Mother's Day. Yeah, I know it was on last Sunday, but now you know...

Walk good.
JJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
My name is Jeanette Jackson.. too!
I was not able to sleep tonight so I googled my name & found you.
Your cakes are gorgeous! I am an amateur cake decorator ... mainly kids cakes (I prefer creativity over the formed pans filled in with stars)
I am glad I stumbled across your work!
Sincerely
another baking JJ

Unknown said...

NOTE: Regarding Mother's Day Heart cake...it is still in my mother's freezer! Mommy?!?! The results from this 'expirement' are long overdue...there maybe a law against something like this...anyone????

Your daughter,
Jeannie